Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Bru House Boyz


A Bond of Brothers

On Veterans Day I went to church to volunteer. As I was leaving a tow truck passed me.  On the back bumper was two crosses; just like the one that Jay had on the back of his truck.  This sticker was for the Bru house boyz; a special club of friends who all had quads (Matt Shea, Jay and Bobby Haggerty).  Driving away I had the Bru house boyz on my mind.

Being Veterans Day I decided to buy roses for Dad (a Navy Veteran) and of course one for Jay.

I am at the cemetery raking and picking up leaves at Jay and Dad’s Memorial.  I see a black SUV pull-up and think nothing of it.  That is until Bobby Haggerty stepped out of the car.

No coincidence; I never go to the cemetery on a Monday always on Sunday.  Bobby should have been working but had a gathering at the French Club.  There is no chance we would have gone to the cemetery at the same time.

Thank you my son for always sending me a sign……miss you like crazy.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know if I can help in anyway. I am here to listen and share this journey called grief with you.