Friday, July 19, 2013

The Man at the Cemetery


Went today to water the plants at the cemetery; it has been so hot.  I half expect now that I will see a dragonfly when I get there; so I did.  It makes me giggle inside knowing Jay is always waiting for me when I get there
The Shepard’s Hook that holds the Harley Birdhouse needs replacing.  One of the metal legs is bent and I am afraid it will fall and damage Jay’s Memorial stone.   I decided when I left the cemetery to go and buy a new on; I would replace it tomorrow.  Paranoid about something happening; I went back tonight to the cemetery to put up the new hook.  As I pulled up to Jay’s Memorial, I noticed a truck with a skull attached to the trailer hitch.  In my mind, I’m thinking Jay would have like that.  Looking around, I didn’t see anyone; thought maybe it was one of the walkers I see there frequently.  I was struggling to remove the hook when this young man around Jay’s age asked if he could help me.  He was so kind and even put the old hook by my car.   When done I shook his hand and introduced myself.  He said “nice to meet you – my name is Jay Jay”…..I started to cry.  I explained that was my son’s nickname.  He told me of a terrible motorcycle accident he was involved in August 2009; he spoke of being two weeks in a coma and the long road to his recovery.  Then he say’s “want to hear something crazier – my mom’s name is Nancy”.  But, she is up there with your son. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know if I can help in anyway. I am here to listen and share this journey called grief with you.